The Ciro 2018 International Summer School on Pulmonary Rehabilitation: the advanced course
This three-day course will provide crucial learning opportunities for healthcare professionals who know all the basics of pulmonary rehabilitation, and who like to advance their knowledge and clinical skills related to pulmonary rehabilitation.
The following questions will be answered:
- What are the effects of pulmonary rehabilitation in patients with very severe COPD?
- Exercise training and non-invasive ventilation
- Exercise training and supplemental oxygen
- Non-linear exercise training
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Partitioned exercise training
- What to do with the multimorbid COPD patients?
- How to train collaborative self-management skills?
- What is the role of an occupational therapist?
- What to do with patients with a low BMI and/or fat-free mass?
- What to do with the obese patients?
- How to integrate smoking cessation into a pulmonary rehabilitation program?
- What is cognitive behavioral therapy as part of pulmonary rehabilitation?
- What is education during pulmonary rehabilitation?
- How to integrate the baseline assessment and the interdisciplinary pulmonary rehabilitation?
Ciro, Hornerheide 1, 6085 NM, Horn, The Netherlands
- Clinicians, pulmonary physicians
- Respiratory physiologists,
- Respiratory physiotherapists
- Occupational therapists
- Nurses, social workers and carers
- Healthcare managers and educators
- Trainees in the above specialties
- Research fellows
You need to have at least 2 years of clinical/research experience to be able to follow this intensive international summer school. All other healthcare professionals need to start with The Ciro 2018 International Summer School on Pulmonary Rehabilitation: the novice course. Also those who have completed the ERS School Course on Pulmonary Rehabilitation are welcome.
Faculty and program
- For more details, see faculty and program.
An application will be made to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Registration: 510 euro. Registration for BSc/MSc/PhD-students*: 450 euro. *please provide a signed letter of confirmation by your local supervisor/dean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Everything will be done in English. After completion of the three-day course, all participants will receive a certificate of attendance.