The Ciro 2018 International Summer School on Pulmonary Rehabilitation: the novice course
This three-day course will provide crucial learning opportunities for healthcare professionals who like to start a pulmonary rehabilitation service or who just started.
The following questions will be answered:
- What is COPD?
- What is the optimal pharmacological treatment of COPD?
- What is pulmonary rehabilitation?
- What tests are needed to set up a pulmonary rehabilitation program?
- How to perform a maximal exercise test?
- How to perform field exercise tests?
- How to measure muscle strength?
- Which healthcare professionals need to be part of the pulmonary rehabilitation team?
- How to set up an exercise-based pulmonary rehabilitation program based on the baseline assessment?
- How to perform exercise training in patients with chronic lung disease?
- Is pulmonary rehabilitation more than exercise training?
Ciro, Hornerheide 1, 6085 NM, Horn, The Netherlands
- Clinicians, pulmonary physicians
- Respiratory physiologists,
- Respiratory physiotherapists
- Occupational therapists
- Nurses, social workers and carers
- Healthcare managers and educators
- Trainees in the above specialties
- Research fellows
This three-day course will provide crucial learning opportunities for healthcare professionals who like to start a pulmonary rehabilitation service or who just started (less than 2 years of experience).
Faculty and program
- For more details, see faculty and program.
An application will be made to the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Registration: 410 euro. Registration for BSc/MSc/PhD-students*: 350 euro. *Please provide a signed letter of confirmation by your local supervisor/dean (email@example.com)
Everything will be done in English. After completion of the three-day course, all participants will receive a certificate of attendance.